Re: kernel-installer mkinitrd DELAY hack

[Joey Hess]
> Can anyone explain why the ugly hack in kernel-installer to modify DELAY
> in initrd-tools is there? Has the bug it works around since been fixed
> in initrd-tools? I have a zero delay in my mkinitrd.conf by default.

I believe I did the change, after reading about the problem somewhere.
A quick googling sent me to
<URL:http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2002/debian-boot-200205/msg00002.html>
which might have been the original email.

I believe the default in woody is DELAY=5, and that is not too good.
As you probably know, I use d-i to install woody, and have added the
d-i features required to get it to work properly with woody.