Re: Installation in russian

[Nikita V. Youshchenko]
> I'm not really familar with current DI status. Is debootstrap the only tool
> used to install packages at the first stage? Seems not - at least kernel
> package seems to be installed in another way.

No, it is possible to install packages using apt as well.  apt-install
in a d-i script will add a request for extra packages to be installed
on the hard-drive.

> So maybe it is possible to install console-cyrillic at the first
> stage only in cases when it is needed? And install jfbterm in other
> cases ...

One of the challenges is deciding where to put the logic that select
which extra packages to install.  I guess the languagechooser package
is the natural choice.

> I believe that tools that require framebuffer should be used only when
> really required.

Agreed.