Re: INSTALL REPORT - Gnome does NOT! load

I know why it worked 10 days ago when I installed. I was following someone else's install instructions at:
http://www.pcc-services.com/debian_install.html

Thanks Sebastien and Steve for the help and fix.

- Daniel

Sebastien Bacher wrote:
The problem is than tasksel install gnome-core (the meta package for the
gnome base) ... but meta-gnome2 has not reached testing yet. So instead
of grabbing the new Gnome2.4 it installs a more than 1 year old
gnome-core for Gnome1.4. The result is: no gnome-panel, no gnome-session
... no working gnome at all. It should be fixed soon. (This bug is already reported as #218549)

Interesting that this perceived easy to fix critical bug was first reported on Oct 31 and took 2 months for a fix. I hope not too many Debian newbies were turned off in this time.