Re: Integrity checks failing

--- "James J. Ramsey" <jjramsey_6x9eq42@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> --- Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> wrote:
>
> > Have you tried writing a new CD using a different
> CD
> > burner?
>
> Nope. I only have access to one CD burner (which has
> so far never given me a CD that appeared to burn
> properly but turned out bad). I did make two copies
> of
> the CD, though, and both of them had the same
> problem.
> I just burned the latest image (2003/1/1) tonight,
> and
> I'll see what that gets me tomorrow.

As I e-mailed earlier, I had about the same problems
with the 2004-01-01 CD that I did with the 2003-12-31
CD. To check the integrity of my 2004-01-01 CD, I ran
"dd if=/dev/cdrom
of=/tmp/copy-of-sarge-i386-netinst.iso" and checked to
see if the MD5SUM of copy-of-sarge-i386-netinst.iso
matched that of the original ISO that I burned to the
CD. It did.

I think we can safely rule out a problem with the CD
burner.