Re: Suggestions needed for gtk frontend for cdebconf

* Sebastian Ley <sebastian.ley@mmweg.rwth-aachen.de> [030610 18:30]:
> > What is the current way to get some program (like a shell) working? Is
> > it still the menu-items responsibility (like it was when I last looked
> > quite some time ago) or was the debconf-protocol extended to allow the
> > frontend to take the needed steps or was it even implemented an other
> > way?
>
> If a menu item is selected, the associated udeb's postinst is executed.
> This is where all action takes place.

Does this means executing a shell in a gtk-frontend will need another udeb
than getting a shell in a text-frontend? And the same if I wanted some
other interactive program (like cfdisk or anything other thinkable, that
may not easily be replaced with a bunch of debconf-questions)?

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link
--
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve
nor will he ever receive either. (Benjamin Franklin)