Re: Please make discover2 udebs available for testing

sön 2003-06-01 klockan 15.53 skrev Chris Tillman:
> On Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 10:35:11AM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > [Petter Reinholdtsen]
> >
> > 670k is way to much.  It is one of the biggest udebs.  We need to
> > reduce it.
>
> Is there a true requirement for reduction here? It seems like whenever
> we exclude this or that hardware, we also exclude this or that user.
> Someone has worked diligently to make discover inclusive?

The reduction we're talking about, is getting rid of nodes where the
driver name is "unknown" (this is useless to us anyway), and splitting
the data udebs into several. For example, we don't need to know anything
about CDROMs in a net install floppy, we only need to know about NICs,
as soon as the network is configured, we can download a full listing.

/Martin
--
Martin Sjögren
  sjogren@debian.org -- marvin@dum.chalmers.se