Re: Install report testing 26apr03 netinstall images

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 09:59:28AM +0200, Martin Sj?gren wrote:
> mån 2003-04-28 klockan 09.04 skrev Ralph Aichinger:
 [ test report issues ]

> > Is it hard to make CDs directly from cvs (is there some kind
> > of automatical build process or must the parts be assembled by
> > hand)?
>
> There are two build processes, really, first you have to produce the
> floppy image that goes on the CD. That shouldn't be harder than checking
> out the d-i cvs, going to the build directory and typing (as root)
>   make TYPE=cdrom floppy_image
> There's some user-mount-hack there that I don't know how well it works.
> If you don't want to do this, you can use Tollef's daily builds at
> http://people.debian.org/~tfheen/d-i/images/

Those builds are failing at this moment. See
 http://people.debian.org/~tfheen/d-i/images/2003-04-27/archive/cdrom.log
to find
| Makefile:16: config/main: No such file or directory
| Makefile:19: config/arch/linux: No such file or directory
| Makefile:20: config/arch/linux-i386: No such file or directory
| Makefile:27: config/dir: No such file or directory
| Makefile:29: *** missing separator.  Stop.

I mailed Tollef last week and asked to do a `cvs update -d`,
but I think he mist my request...

> Next, you use debian-cd to build the CDs. I don't really know anything
> about this, so you'll have to talk to them about it.
>
> > Is there some general explanation of the new installer architecture?
>
> You can read the docs in http://cvs.debian.org/debian-installer/doc/
> Some of it is out of date, but the general architecture still holds.

So ask here if some things are not clear to you.

Geert Stappers