Re: Install report testing 26apr03 netinstall images

sön 2003-04-27 klockan 17.51 skrev Ralph Aichinger:
> Hello everyone!
>
> Here are my experiences from trying to install the 26apr03
> netinstall testing images from
> http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/netinst/i386/

We appreciate the testing and reporting, but if you are going to do more
tests later, please use the report template:
http://people.debian.org/~pere/debian-installer/report-template.html

> * Selecting Language 'German' gives a segmentation fault,
>   possibly because of the Euro? Selecting British English
>   works fine.

This is a bug in cdebconf that has been fixed recently, probably not in
time for the Apr 26 image.

> * Selecting the german keyboard does not work either.
>
>   Retyped messages:
>   Segmentation fault
>   kbd_chooser's postinst exited with status 35584
>   installer[48]: Configuring 'kbd-cooser' failed with error
>   code 254
>
>   Will file a bug against kbd-chooser, if noone objects.

I've heard about this before, I guess it's not fixed yet.

> * Trying to use the current partitioning (4 primary partitions,
>   1 for boot, 1 for /, 1 for swap, 1 unused) does not work.
>   Neither does repartitioning manually. Complains about not
>   having LVM modules, btw.

Yes, I've forgotten to silence printk, that's fixed in cvs. Modprobing
for lvm modules is also removed, since those modules have to be loaded
earlier anyway.

>   Errors modulo some typing mistakes:
>
>   Failed to create swap space on
>   /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part4
>   please see tty3 or /var/log/messages for more information.
>   [Press enter to continue]
>   partconf's postinst exited with status 7680
>   installer[82]: configuring 'partconf' failed with error code
>   256
>
>   Automatic partitioning did work however.
>
>   I will try to reproduce it and file a bug against partconf.
>   This did work last week.

It's because mkswap isn't in busybox-udeb. You could install
busybox-cvs-udeb to get it, but that's given us other problems before.
These things are being resolved now, so this should be fixed within a
week or so.

> * Configuring the network works fine now: I marked
>   bug 189808 as done.

Great!

> * Afterwards installation hung in trying to install gcc-3.2-base,
>   which was not available. Errors did scroll by at this moment
>   much too fast, btw. Scrolling too fast across important error
>   messages is a severe UI issue IMHO, especially if the normal
>   menu comes up, as if everything had worked.

I don't know anything about this. :/

Thanks for the report.

/Martin
--