Re: drop the gtk frontend, use gnewt instead?

[Raphael Hertzog]
> But gnewt needs X ... I always thought that the we wanted gtkfb because
> of the use of the framebuffer that is available on all architectures (at
> least way more easily than an autoconfigured Xfree) ...

I hoped it only used gtk, and that gtkfb would work as a replacement.
I admit I am only guessing here.  On the other hand, I noticed someone
on #debian-boot yesterday testing X instead of gtkfb, so it might be
no problem using gnewt with X.