Re: Chaos and Damnation!

On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 10:02:34AM +0200, Martin Sj?gren wrote:
> l?r 2003-04-05 klockan 07.15 skrev Anthony Towns:
> > On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 07:24:53PM +0200, Martin Sj?gren wrote:
> > > Well, the netinst _CDs_ don't use the net floppy image,
> > Don't the netinst CDs just use the CD images? As far as d-i's concerned,
> > they're as good as the full regular sized CD set, no?
> Exactly, but they need some extra mechanisms to be user-friendly. For
> example, on a netinst CD anna should definitely install netcfg,
> ethdetect, net-retriever and choose-mirror automatically.

Why do you want net-retriever? Surely all of d-i fits on a netinst CD?

For the rest, I'd say the regular CD should do the same stuff anyway --
you'll generally be downloading extra stuff off the net as soon as you
install anyway (security updates, a new point release, packages on CDs
3-n that you don't have copies of).

Cheers,
aj

  ``Dear Anthony Towns: [...] Congratulations --
        you are now certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer!''