Re: boot problems with asus cuv266-d mainboard

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 01:18:52PM +0000, kpn wrote:
> Hello Linux-Support,
Hello André,

> I have several problems to install Linux on my computer. I have tested
> the distributions
> Debian Woody, Suse 8.1 and Knoppix 3.1 on my computer using any
> possibility of hardware
> configuration.
> Following I discribe all of my computer components:
  [ components ]

> Perhaps some hardware components are not supported by any of that
> distributions. I have
> searched on many internet pages and hardware data bases to solve my
> problem, but I still did not
> find any solution. I guess that my motherboard is not supported, because
> the tests with a
> minimum hardware configuration (motherboard, graphic card, 1.HDD,
> CD-Burner, no other cards
> or controller) fails also.
>
> Following I discribe the problems:
  [ a problem ]

> Debian Woody:
> Here was also no problem to install Linux from bootable CD. The system
> reboots after installation
> properly, but with some failure messages with grahic card and/or screen
> detection. But I was able
> to get login as root so I started to find the problem in the system and
> a solution in the
> documentation of Debian Woody. But I was not able to install or
> configure Xfree86 or any of the
> windowmanager (xdm, gdm, kdm). So I got no GUI. That is the result of
> the installation with the
> compact kernel. All installations of the other kernels failed.

  [ an other problem ]

> Please give me any help.
> Whether my components are supported by any of your mentioned
> distribution (or higher versions)
> or any other distributions which I have not tested yet
> or which components are not supported.
> Please answer in german (preferential) or english.

This mailing list is about development the set of programs
that does the installation ( hardware detect, disk partitioning,
copying programs from install media to hard disk, create first user )

Don't expect an answer from this list about problems like above.

Find an other place for support.

> Yours sincerely
> André
> a.pn@snafu.de