Re: Building d-i, no longer Further difficulties with install

On Sun, 16 Mar 2003 debian@computerdatasafe.com.au wrote:

> On 15 Mar 2003, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
>
> > *
> >
> > | I don't see any build instructions there though.
> >
> > build/README perhaps?
>
> In the interests of encouraging people to improve the documentation....
> Recipe:
>  - install the build-dependancies on the host system
>
> Where are these build-dependancies listed? I thought the question was
> asked and answered on the list in the last few days, but I can't find it
> now.
>
> I plan to build in a chroot environment, and there's precious little in there.
>
> For starters, it's woody. If there's no list, would someone mail a woody
> package list to $(echo debian@computerdatasafe.com.au | sed -e s=debian=summer=)
> for a system that does build d-i and I will tell you what I needed to
> add to my system.

I'm doing this:
chroot [root@numbat root]# cat bin/di.build
cd /tmp
tar xjf debian-installer.tar.bz2
cd debian-installer/build/
cp -p sources.list sources.list.local
fakeroot make build

and it fails miserably:
The gzipped log is attached, it would have been too messy to quote
inline.

--

Cheers
John Summerfield

Please, no off-list mail at all at all. This address accepts mail only from Debian lists.