Re: Diskless install of Woody

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, Bao C. Ha wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 11:57:19AM +0800, debian@computerdatasafe.com.au wrote:
>
> Hi John,
>
> > I've got back to having a further look at this, and I've decide one
> > reason it's not documented is that it doesn't actually work.
>
> It works!
>
> Following is my pxelinux.cfg/C0A802.
>
> PROMPT 1
> DEFAULT linux
> LABEL linux
> KERNEL tftpboot.img
> APPEND initrd=root.compact.bin video=vga16:off
> IPAPPEND 1

Ha! That fixed it.

(forgive my bad joke;-))

Part of my problem was the dearth of files in
debian/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/3.0.23-2002-05-21 which suffered a
little accident when I used a wrong incantation of rsync:-(. I really
must fix that.

Could I recommend a pxe directory on the first/install ISO containing a
working pxelinux.cfg/default?

--

Cheers
John Summerfield

Please, no off-list mail at all at all. This address accepts mail only from Debian lists.