Re: [OT] installation documentation

Chris Tillman wrote:
>>Might be nice to add sth like :
>>"To create a swap partition, you need to create a partition with the
>>name "swap" AND the type "Apple_UNIX_SRV2".
> I don't really read French; but this doesn't do it?
No. It does not mention the type Apple_UNIX_SRV2. (I guess that's why Fabrice
capitalized the AND.) Neither does the English version which is indeed
faithfully translated.
Also the reference to the English-only mac-fdisk Tutorial is less nice from a
non-English manual if it's really required. The worst is the "** man page not
found **" I get from the link to the mac-fdisk manpage.

> Apple_UNIX_SRV2 is the type of partition that mac-fdisk creates by
> default, so it's not necessary to know.
I don't know the technical side of this issue, but if mac-fdisk asked for a type
and allows you to change it and if it was necessary that it'd be
Apple_UNIX_SRV2, it would be misleading to state "swap partition is identified
on Mac type disks by its name", because it suggests that the type doesn't matter.

Cheers

T.