Re: Turning off backup

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 01:53:16PM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 11:25:14AM +0100, Martin Sjögren wrote:
> > I want a way to turn off backup support in cdebconf. It makes absolutely
> > no sense to have a backup button on the question that follows a "fatal"
> > question like autopartkit's "can I go ahead and wreck your hard drive?"
>
> In fact this could make sense, if one wants to re-read previous questions
> or to return to main-menu.  IMO disabling back button is a bad idea.

But what about programs that have their own loops, like the previous
language chooser? I think *I* would be confused if I could get the same
question in two (or three?) different ways with different values depending
on what button I used.

I also want to implement multiple-floppies support in floppy-retriever,
and being able to back up in this context would be very confusing
.oO(how many times did I back up, what floppy am I on now?)

I once pondered turning anna's module selection into a state machine,
where you'd have "add modules", "list to-be-installed modules" "done"
options. The cancel button would be very confusing. At least to me.

/M

--
Martin Sjögren
  martin@strakt.com              ICQ : 41245059