Module selections for the installer (was: ports-status page)

* Martin Sjögren wrote:

> Don't bet too much money on that the existing concept will survive,
> I think parts of it needs a redesign to better support netinst CDs.
> There's also the problem of fitting "everything" even on a 2.88M
> boot image. For example, both fitting brltty and bogl-bterm and
> fb-modules and the newt frontend on the cdrom 2.88M image won't
> work. How do we want to handle this?

Besides an installer which must be most generic we should give people
the chance of building thier own installers after their own
needs. With the present modular concept I imagine that this is not
very difficult.

Anyway we need the "offical" installer, where we do some sensible
selections on modules e.g. for netinstall, cd-install, automatic
install etc.

Sebastian

--
PGP-Key: http://www.mmweg.rwth-aachen.de/~sebastian.ley/public.key
Fingerprint: A46A 753F AEDC 2C01 BE6E  F6DB 97E0 3309 9FD6 E3E6