Re: gtk frontend to installer

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 07:50:03PM +0100, Sebastian Ley wrote:
> Hello,
>
> since we are getting more people willing to help on the gtk-frontend
> for debian installer, we should coordinate our efforts more, so that
> no duplicate work is done. If no one objects I will collect the work
> regarding the graphical frontend and provide it on the webpage. That
> will it make easier for others to quickly get an overview of our
> progress, and will also help greatly once we enter a testing phase.

yes, you've done a great job of this so far.

> For now I would be very glad, if you could scrutinize my
> recommendations for library udebs which you can find at the end of the
> webpage. Some of these things have been discussed with other DDs
> others are just product of my personal experience. Since I am not an
> experienced packager any comments on it are welcome.

my only question is about shlibdeps. Tollef said something to me about
shlibdeps-udeb. Did I just hallucinate that?

> Thank you all for your work,
> Sebastian
>
> P.S.: I could easily create an alias
> sebastian.ley-di@mmweg.rwth-aachen.de which forwards mail to arbitary
> adresses. Anyone interested in participating in such a list to
> coordinate our efforts, exchange questions and experiences?

I would strongly suggest that our discussion take place on
debian-boot!  That way other people can see all the great work being
done and join in! I'll cc -boot on this as well...

--
michael cardenas       | lead software engineer, lindows.com
hyperpoem.net          | GNU/Linux software developer

"There is no reality except the one contained within us. That is why
so many people live such an unreal life. They take the images outside
of them for reality and never allow the world within to assert
itself."
- Herman Hesse