Re: m68k, debian-installer, and DevFS

* Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au> [030301 22:20]:
> > For example, I have been away from using sparc, but my question would be
> > "is there much sparc32 kernel hacking going on? Is 2.4.x usable on sparc32?"
>
> Architectures that are still having problems with 2.4 should probably
> be dropped.  Since they aren't likely to work with 2.6 when it is released
> or any future kernel release.  We cannot support old kernels indefinitely.

How do you define "problems"? In the local LUG I relatively often hear
problems with new kernels or such "experimental" marked features as devfs.
(Very old dual-pentium-boards, or multi-serial cards not running with
 devfs in some "industrial pc" with no other way to get a console).

Having Linux supporting older hardware was in my eyes always one of its
main advantages. I hope this will not change.

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link
--
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve
nor will he ever receive either. (Benjamin Franklin)