Re: TheBase System Installation

Dear mr. Dale,

On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 06:58:10PM +1000, Bernard & Jean Dale wrote:

> I've tried a number of times to install 3.0r0 from a set of 7 cd's
> purchased over the internet but before the first installation cd has
> finished I'm advised that it is unable to install the base system.
> file:/instmnt/pool/main/a/adduser/adduser_3.47_all.deb was corrupt
> couldn't download adduser.
>
> Your valued assistance would be greatly appreciated by this 71y.o.
> newbie to computers in general and particularly to the "wonderful
> world of Linux".

I would suggest contacting your vendor and asking for a new CD 1, as one
of the files on it appears to be damaged.

> Regards to the team,
> Bernard Dale.
> The Gold Coast,Australia.

P.S. May I note a spectacular coincidence here? The Debian Project leader's
first name is 'Bdale'. It sure seems you've found your operating system.
Or someone has found an excellent way to pull my leg, I'm still not sure.

--
E-Advies / Emile van Bergen   |   emile@e-advies.info
tel. +31 (0)70 3906153        |   http://www.e-advies.info