Re: Using the slang frontend for CD installs

On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 12:30:21AM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> I was able to get the cdrom floppy to use the slang frontend just now.
> A few modifications was required.  I used the CVS version of cdebconf
> with the patch from Matt Kraai, a patched mklibs (check #178002 for
> the patch), and a patched version of rootskel (I've commited the patch
> to CVS now).  I also added the new cdebconf-slang-udeb to
> pkg-lists/cdrom/common before building the cdrom d-i floppy.

Very good news, thanks.

> The select and multiselect dialogs look the same.  The selecton dialog
> should look more like a menu, where I can move up and down using the
> arrow keys, and choose using [enter] or [space].  It is not intuitive
> for me having to press [tab] to get to the <next> button to continue.
>
> The boolean dialog should accept [enter] to choose yes/no, instead of
> having to move to the <next> button to continue.
[...]

How should [enter] key work?
  a.  Select and go to next step
  b.  Let current selection active and go to next step

Please consider also that you know what you type; some people may
hit [enter] key whereas input is wrong, this is why I prefer it
being active only on <next> button.

Denis