Re: intel e1000 gigabyte

Adam DiCarlo a écrit:
I just recently complete an installation on a Dell PowerEdge 2650.
Using the latest stable versions, hit some known problems.  I was just
brining this up to see if we can solve any of these for the stable
update.

The PERC3/Di SCSI controller did seem supported, although it may be
buggy, according to <URL:http://www.domsch.com/linux/> (cf "interrupt
fix patch").

This patch enter Marcello kernel around 2.4.18 (from memory).

The Intel (R) PRO/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Card (e1000) doesn't seem to
be mainline kernel source.  I wonder if we could provide this as a
loadable module in the well-known location.  I dunno if there are
license issues that prevent us from shipping this with the kernel
itself....

e100 and e1000 drivers from Intel enter the vanilla kernel for the 2.4.20 release.

Are you sure it's a PE 2650 you installed and not a PE 1650 ?

The 1650 comes with 2 Giga nics from Intel.
The 2650 comes with 2 Giga nics from Broadcom (the best driver for those is tigon3 (tg3.o) since the 2.4.19 kernel).

On an other subject, were can find the new section of the install guide on PXE/etherboot installation ? I'm willing to do some proof reading.

@+,
	Fab