intel e1000 gigabyte

I just recently complete an installation on a Dell PowerEdge 2650.
Using the latest stable versions, hit some known problems.  I was just
brining this up to see if we can solve any of these for the stable
update.

The PERC3/Di SCSI controller did seem supported, although it may be
buggy, according to <URL:http://www.domsch.com/linux/> (cf "interrupt
fix patch").

The Intel (R) PRO/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Card (e1000) doesn't seem to
be mainline kernel source.  I wonder if we could provide this as a
loadable module in the well-known location.  I dunno if there are
license issues that prevent us from shipping this with the kernel
itself....