Re: Installing rescue.bin -> udbootstrap exited

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 06:23:04PM +0100, Filippo Basso wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm having a quite long (but funny anyway) trying a network install of a
> woody on a Intel server...
>
> At the beginning I was following the standard PXE installation, as described
> in many websites (also on debianplanet.org). All went ok, but the installed
> kernel couldn't find any SCSI nor any ETH...
> So I recompiled a 2.4.20 kernel, with the new e100 Intel EtherExpress driver,
> and the i2o for the Adaptec 2110S SCSI Raid...
> Now I can see my HD, make some partitions, and see the network...
>
> The problem is that when dbootstrap is asking me to "InstalI Kernel and
> modules", I chose "network" and provide a local IP address where there are my
> rescue.bin (where I've changed the linux.bin) and drivers.tgz (with
> install.sh with a 'exit 0' at the beginning as I need no drivers (and are not
> of the same kernel!)).
>
> At this point this is the log (at tty3):
>
> user.info dbootstrap[62]: Mounting ext2 partition /dev/sda3 on /target/boot
> user.debug dbootstrap[62]: kill: Usage: kill [-s sigspec|-signum|...] or
> user.debug dbootstrap[62]: kill -l [exitstatus]
> user.info dbootstrap[62]: Installing kernel and modules from netfetch
> user.info dbootstrap[62]: Retrieving /target/tmp/rescue.bin from ...
> user.info dbootstrap[62]: Successfully retrieved /target/tmp/rescue.bin
> user.info dbootstrap[62]: Retrieving /target/tmp/drivers.tgz from ...
> user.info dbootstrap[62]: Successfully retrieved /target/tmp/drivers.tgz
> user.info dbootstrap[62]: Installing /tmp/rescue.bin
> user.info dbootstrap[62]: linuxrc: Process "/sbin/udbootstrap" (pid 62)
> exited. Scheduling it for restart.
> user.info dbootstrap[62]: linuxrc: Starting pid 112 console /dev/console :
> "/sbin/udbootstrap"
> user.info dbootstrap[112]: dbootstrap starting
>
> Apart from that "kill" that is not so good, the problem is when is installed
> rescue.bin: the process udbootstrap exits...
>
> What can I do ?!? How can I try to have more "verbosity" to debug and better
> understand what is happening ?!?
> Please, it's quite 3 days that I'm trying and trying and trying... what can I
> do?!?

As it mentions in the manual, you can cause debug / verbose level messages
by adding the boot arguments debug and/or verbose.

Hope it helps, looks like it's getting the files OK and runs into a hitch
later. You could look to see if /target/boot contains your kernel, that's
what should be happening when it exits?

|                  To HAVE, GIVE all TO all (ACIM)               |