Re: d-i ia64 install report

On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 06:46:24PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Richard Hirst wrote:
> > Installing sarge didn't work, because it doesn't have the newest
> > debootstrap, so I used it to install sid.  This is the first time I've
> > tried d-i for a few weeks, and some things have broken in the meantime.
>
> d-i is supposed to use debootstrap-udeb, which as a udeb is not in
> testing (but just symlined to it along with all the others). So I don't
> understand what you mean by the above. Is it possible debootstrap-udeb
> 0.2.21 has not yet been compiled for ia64?

I think the sid script already pulled in libacl/libattr, while the sarge
script didn't.  0.2.21 fixed the sarge script to pull in those libs too.
So, using an older debootstrap worked for sid, but not sarge.  0.2.21 is
compiled for ia64, but I guess it just didn't make that iso build.  I'm
assuming the debootstrap udeb comes off the iso, not from the archive..

> I've been hearing murmerings about parted for a few days, is this a
> more widespread problem? There was a new version uploaded recently.

I'll try and look closer tomorrow.

> > jbailey has hit problems on his box because the 2.4.20 kernel we boot
> > doesn't have include a module for the 53c1030.
>
> I understand that Bdale is in the process of fixing this. Of course it
> requires a kernel rebuild and, apparently, a marge. Sigh.

Good to hear; I'm a bit out of touch atm.

Richard