Re: Sarge netinst: wrong sequence of SCSI drives

Joey Hess wrote:
Harald Dunkel wrote:

The problem is that the d-i bootdisk contains an USB driver,
which seems to be always loaded as soon as you've got any
mass storage attached to USB. Later (in the running system)
the USB stuff is loaded when running hotplug, i.e. its one
of the last steps at boot time.

d-i's sequence is _always_ wrong.

It's hard to avoid loading USB when you are loading the rest of the
installer from USB CDROM, etc.

You know that this is just a workaround, cause there is
still no aic7xxx on the boot floppy.

I think we should use ext2 disk labels.. :-P

BTW, I noticed that the ext2 tools were installed, but
reiserfsprogs was not installed, even though all
partitions configured via d-i were formatted for
reiserfs. Would it be possible to add reiserfsprogs to
the basic list of packages? Probably there is a similar
problem for xfs.

Happy new year to everybody

Harri