Re: Sarge netinst: wrong sequence of SCSI drives

Am Mit, den 31.12.2003 schrieb Harald Dunkel um 13:53:
> Hi folks,
>
> Using the Sarge netinst CD of yesterday I tried to install
> Debian on a SCSI disk.
>
> d-i gave me an unusual sequence of SCSI drives to select
> the boot disk from. Here is the list of disks as presented
> by d-i:
>
> /dev/scsi/host1/bus0/target0/lun0/disc		(USB disc)
> /dev/scsi/host3/bus0/target0/lun0/disc		(disc 1)
> /dev/scsi/host3/bus0/target1/lun0/disc		(disc 2)
>
> I selected disc 2 to install Sarge. Installation went fine.
> But after a reboot the final sequence of discs was different:
>
> /dev/sda	disc 1
> /dev/sdb	disc 2
> /dev/sdc	USB disc

Probably the installer loaded usb-storage before the module for your
SCSI controller and the module loading order on the installed system was
the other way around. We had the same problem with switched NIC's.
It's probably quite tricky to solve this.

Gaudenz