Re: fixing the base-installer progress bars

Me:
> for after beta 2. If nobody does, I will probably work on it after the
> beta is out.

Famous last words. I think I'm about 50% of the way there currently. Of
course it changes far too many strings to go into beta 2.

I have also changed run-debootstrap to log the debootstrap stderr and
stdout to /var/log/messages. Since that is copied to target later, it
will be visible on console 3, and saved to disk too. This seems like a
good thing to me.

--
see shy jo