Re: powerpc port [was: Re: ports status update]

Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
> So I started working on this powerpc machine. When I try to build d-i I
> am blocked because of the kernel package. The command I type, in the
> build directory, is
>
> LANG=C fakeroot make TYPE=cdrom image
>
> and the errors I get are:
>
> 1. kernel-image-2.4.22-powerpc-udeb has no installation candidate

I believe that Sven's new kernels knocked the old one out of unstable.
It's still in the archive, probably because it's still in testing, but
it is not in the unstable Packages file. So someone needs to update the
build directory to use the new kernel udebs, which are in unstable.

Unfortunatly, linux-kernel-di only built the -small flavour kernel image
last time. I have corrected this and the full set of udebs should go
into the archive as soon as I can get ahold of a ftp master (may be a
few days). If you would like them in the meantime, they're all at
http://kitenet.net/~joey/tmp/d-i/kernel

> 2. I downloaded kernel-image-2.4.22-powerpc-udeb_2.4.22-1.1_powerpc.udeb
> and put it in localudebs and now
>
> ide-modules-2.4.22-powerpc-udeb: Depends:
> kernel-image-2.4.22-powerpc-udeb but it is not installable
>
> the same apply to scsi-modules-2.4.22-powerpc-udeb and
> socket-modules-2.4.22-powerpc-udeb

apt does not know about localudebs, so if you put packages in localudebs
that are not available otherwise, you must include anything that depends
on them. Known bug there..

--
see shy jo