Re: cdebconf menu location

Quoting Joey Hess (joeyh@debian.org):
> Having this ugly debconf priority question right after choosing the
> language is annoying. Do we really need it there?

I haven't tested a full d-i for a while now, but I think I can get the
point.

debconf priority question needs to be asked, imho. Having a variable
passed at the boot prompt as the only way to set the debconf priority
would be unfriendly...

However, this shouldn't be a question with the highest priority. ANd,
of course, if the debconf priority has been set through the boot
prompt, the question shouldn't be asked.....

Thus, is "critical" has been chosen though the boot prompt...then the
question won't be asked-->good for unattended installations.

About the question location : having it just after the language
question is IMHO the only possiblity we have. Having it before would
mean that it wouldn't be translated. Having it later means that  some
other stuff would run with the default priority.