Re: 2.6 debian-installer

Pardon me if I express naivete, I've been away from this for a long time.

First discover1 will NOT work with 2.6 Devfs support in 2.6 has been obsoleted and is often broken.

It sounds to me as if the path the kernel developers want us to take is to integrate most knowledge currently in discover and kudzu into hotplug. All devices present on the system should generate hotplug events, and the installer can capture those. Hotplug would use udev.

   Thanks

   Bruce