Re: Praise + possible bugs

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 11:34:55PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:

| If you do DHCP, it gets a hostname from the server, or sometimes falls
| back to a bad default of "localhost". This is an area that needs more
| work still, but in the daily builds you will be prompted for a hostname
| after you reboot if the installer didn't set one.

This setting the hostname from DHCP didn't seem to work properly in my
case - the installer set the hostname to localhost, and base-config
didn't prompt to change it.  My DHCP server definitely gives out
hostnames correctly, I can see it in /etc/dhcpc/*.info, but the
installer evidently didn't pick up on it.  (This was with a daily build
which I compiled myself a few days ago, and base-config came from a
Debian mirror last updated just before the compromise last month.)

I think that base-config should /always/ prompt for a hostname, just in
case something breaks somewhere.

Cameron.