Re: debian-installer anyone?

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 09:47:18AM +0100, Geert Stappers wrote:

| I don't know where the arm kernel went [1]
[...]
| [1] Sven: let it go

Why?  My understanding from Sven's frequent rants is that the PPC
kernels required to support a particular architecture - the one which
Sven himself uses, and presumably other Debian users too - has been held
up in the queue for a month and a half, while those capable of accepting
it have said nothing about the issue.  I know that if I was in Sven's
position, I'd certainly be fuming at people too.  I'd also be rather
annoyed if after raising what i considered to be an important problem
was told to "let it go".

Since I've seen quite a few posts criticising Sven here, I'll chip in
with my bit (little as it may be worth in some people's eyes, coming
from a non-DD) and say that I agree with him, something /does/ need to
be done about the kernel packages and should ideally happen before the
new beta in a couple of weeks time.

ObOnTopic:  what's the current status of d-i on Alpha?  I have an alpha
machine that could be used for testing it... it's currently running
woody so presumably I'd have to change that before being able to build
and test the installer?

Cheers,

Cameron.