Re: sarge INSTALL REPORT - how set IP & hostname?

> Sebastian Haase wrote:
> > It seems like it found my hardware fine: the Ethernet card
> > works and DHCP gets automatically configured.
> > BUT: I don't want DHCP - I am missing the question where I
> > can specify my static IP.
> > Also I always ended up with hostname being 'localhost'.
>
> You need to boot in expert mode, with DEBCONF_PRIORITY=low added to the
> boot line at the boot prompt, then you'll be able to tell it to skip
> dhcp and do a manual entry.

Thanks for the info - but now it doesn't find a driver module for the
network card
anymore - ??  I says it is a 3c59x (3com 3c905C-TX) card

> I think that not noticing that dhcp didn't provide a hostname, and not
> prompting manually for one is a bug in our netcfg program.
>
> > Often after reboot I can't read the CDROM drive anymore -
> > I can fix that with modconf by deinstalling the scsi-ide
> > module.
>
> Please send details about what model of CD drive you have. I have also
> seen this with my new test laptop (kindly provided courtesy of Linux
> Certified, Inc, plug plug), but more data points would be good.

$ cat /proc/ide/hdd/model
CD-948E/TKU

it recognized it fine the first time
$ cat /proc/ide/hdd/driver
ide-cdrom version 4.59-ac1

But on reboot it tries to use ide-scsi and fails...

Should I download a newer CD image than the Dec 7 I have ?

Thanks,
Sebastian