Re: Minor problems with the installer

Joey Hess schrieb:

And after the installation I saw that unnecessarily the CD was still in the apt-conf file, and that the contrib and non-free entries were missing. The installation should at least indicate this.

I'm not sure if removing the entry for the netinst CD is worth the
bother. Does it cause problems?

No, not a big problem; but I have to insert the Netinst CD whenever I use apt (or aptitude). Thats's annoying.

The installer does not bother with non-free any more, unless you do a
expert mode (DEBCONF_PRIORITY=low) install. There is so little reason to
use non-free that it does not bother me to make those who want it go a
little out of their way to get it, like they have to for any other
non-debian apt repository.

Actually, I don't know exactly which packages are non-free :) ; I know I had selected it always so far, but I didn't look from which section the packages came that I installed.

Oliver