Re: It's very relevant replying my email

On Fri, 2003-11-28 at 14:48, camuflag wrote:
> Honourable Sir,
> My name is Ziad Fazah. Indeed, I have been using many versions of Linux
> since a long time, such as:Redhat,slackware,suse, but recently, after
> having installed over and over Debian 3.0, I found out that I couldn't
> hook up with broadband,on account of the ifconfig non-existence in
> Debian 3.0. Thus, Iam urging you amiably to troubleshoot this
> matter.Nevertheless,I haven't installed the original CDS of Debian's
> version 3.0. As a matter of fact, on downloading it from www.debian.org,
> is the version 3.0 complete, without feeling the lack of any file, such
> as:ifconfig, and so forth. On the other hand, after having installed
> this version through a copy from the original one, I noticed that the
> non-existence of ifconfig is linked to the own copy made by a company
> headquartered in San Paulo, Brazil. In anyway, I shall be awaiting your
> response as soon as possible, and thanks a lot for your understanding.

I am sorry, Debian is not the "Kitchen Sink" Distribution. You have to
select it to be installed.

If you want connectivity to you broadband ISP, I would definitely look a
bit more before claiming Debian is not complete.

Debian is more complete of any Distribution I know of. In fact here look
at this:

> king:~# dpkg -S $(which ifconfig)
> net-tools: /sbin/ifconfig
> king:~# dpkg -L net-tools | grep -v share
> /usr/sbin/arp
> /sbin/ifconfig
> /sbin/nameif
> /sbin/plipconfig
> /sbin/rarp
> /sbin/route
> /sbin/slattach
> /sbin/ipmaddr
> /sbin/iptunnel
> /sbin/mii-tool
> /bin/netstat

I believe you will see that it is indeed there.