Re: Re Debian 3.0 for Intel {Scanned}

On Fri, 2003-11-28 at 09:18, Rob Russell wrote:
> I have recently purchased a NetFinity 5600 with ServerRaid 4L and
> ServerRaid2 SCSI cards installed.
> I have not been able to get Debian to install on this machine.
> I have tried "Compact" "BF24" "Linux" and "Vanilla"
> Consistant error  " No Hard Drives Found"
>
> The drives are set up in a 2 raid arrays.
> Boot drives are Raid 1 and contain the swap file as well.
>
> I have been able to install Debian 2.2.19 with no errors at all using
> either the 4L or ServerRaid2 SCSI cards.
>
> Can some one help me install the new Woody 3.0 Debian on this system.
>
> Thanks in advance

Personally I like to use:

http://twiki.iwethey.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/DebianChrootInstall

It may seem harder, but in reality, gives you the ability to get Debian
Woody on Older Equipment. The only caveat I know of, putting a newer
Kernel on the machine... you have to grab it from Sarge or Sid. It looks
like the Current Version of ServRaid 4L isn't support before the Linux
kernel v2.4.20.

I currently use Knoppix <current version> to boot into, then chroot.

And yes, Thanks to Karsten Self for initially pointing this out.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net