Re: Localizing New Debian Installer to Arabic

Thanks Alastair:

I will check out the code and start the translation effort. I am part of an on-line community that are working on arabizing and adding arabic support and awarness to the open source community (www.arabeyes.org).

How much work is it you think to add RTL to NEWT or is it to the installer it self and is RTL alone is enough or we need BIDI ?

Thanks for you willingness to work on the RTL.

Anmar

Alastair McKinstry wrote:
Hi,

Currently, support for Right-to-Left languages is unimplemented
in Debian Installer (bug 212962). Nobody has been working on
it as there are no Arabic or Hebrew translations. Please feel
free to start, and I will work on this bug :-)

You can get the debian installer .po files by checking out
with CVS: see http://cvs.debian.org/ , checkout with
root debian-boot. You can see the status of translations at http://people.debian.org/~tsauter/d-i/translations.html

Regards,
Alastair McKinstry