Re: Default bootloader

Robert Millan schrieb:

Hi there!

Expecting to hear some feedback from the Debian Installer hackers about what
the requirements are, and gladly disposed to address them.

Hi Robert!

Why I do not use grub is because I want to boot from software raid 1, and lilo makes that possible. It even writes two bootblocks on the underlying drives, so if I pull anyone, the system will boot nonetheless.

Has grub the same possibility? If not (at least that´s what SuSE 8.2 suggests), then, dear debian developpers, let me please be able to use lilo.

Bye, Norman.

Norman Schmidt          Institut fuer Physikal. u. Theoret. Chemie
Dipl.-Chem.             Friedrich-Alexander-Universitaet
schmidt@naa.net         Erlangen-Nuernberg