Re: Some ways to save space on the floppies

On Tue Nov 18, 2003 at 11:47:38AM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Erik Andersen <andersen@codepoet.org> writes:
> > So yes, with uClibc there will be a missing weak of main()
> > if you include crt1.o into your calculations.
>
> Why weak? If you link crt1.o against something without a main your
> doing something wrong and are headed towards desaster.

It is weak because it it not a function call.  It is just there
to ensure the linker does the Right Thing(tm).  We want the
symbol there so we can be sure main() is linked in the app even
when it is hiding within an archive (.a), but we do not want to
supply the actual main() function, since apps work better when
using their own.  :-)

 -Erik