Re: can't choose packages sarge installer daily build

On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 04:28:28PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:

> It might help if we didn't keep a fairly useless copy of every .deb used
> to install the base system in /var/cache/apt/archives. Intelligent use
> of disk space could at least delete debs as they were installed, or
> better, only download and install them one at a time.

Yeah my first install last night had a smallish (200Mb IIRC) and it fell
over in a screaming heap. It seems that during the package aquisition
stage, it does lots of apt-get -d's and then apt-get installs. I agree, it
should be doing apt-get clean's as it goes or something to keep the space
consumption to a minimum.