Sarge installation failure

Hello,

I would like to install sarge on my laptop ASUS Pentium IV 1.8GHz, with an ATI Radeon M7-P with integrated 32Mb, on a previous Woody installation. I have partitioned my HD into a windows 18Gb partition, a 256Mb swap partition, and a 11Gb Linux ext2 partition.

The installation was not successfull.
The installation steps untill reboot were ok, the laptop rebooted and reentered the installation process. After that it automatically rebooted, no matter what it was doing, or I was typing. In facts I found out that it reboots after approx 45-50 seconds after the message "Debian installation successfull" appears, usually when I am creating an user account. The same behaviour occurred on a second, third, and fourth installation process. lilo was not installed and I could not enter the windows partition. I had to reinstall woody in order to have lilo installed properly and re-enter the windows partition.

How can I solve this problem?

Thank you,
Marco Bascietto

--