Re: Sarge installation failure

Am So, den 16.11.2003 schrieb Marco Bascietto um 15:33:

> The installation was not successfull.
> The installation steps untill reboot were ok, the laptop rebooted and
> reentered the installation process. After that it automatically
> rebooted, no matter what it was doing, or I was typing. In facts I found
> out that it reboots after approx 45-50 seconds after the message
> "Debian  installation successfull" appears, usually when I am creating
> an user account.

A friend of mine had exactly the same problem. IIRC it was a kernel
configuration problem. He compiled a new kernel and everything worked
fine. He suspected ACPI would cause the problem but we never found
out...

Sebastian

--
PGP-Key: http://www.mmweg.rwth-aachen.de/~sebastian.ley/public.key
Fingerprint: A46A 753F AEDC 2C01 BE6E  F6DB 97E0 3309 9FD6 E3E6