Install-report

Debian-installer-version: 09-11-2003
uname -a: ??
Date: 12-11-2003
Method: CDROM

Machine: DELL Inspiron 8100
Processor: 686 (P 866)
Memory: 256MB
Root Device: [none]
Root Size/partition table: [none]
Output of lspci:

Base System Installation Checklist:

Initial boot worked:    [O]
Configure network HW:   [E]
Config network:         [E]
Detect CD:              [O]
Load installer modules: [E]
Detect hard drives:     [E]
Partition hard drives:  [E]
Create file systems:    [E]
Mount partitions:       [E]
Install base system:    [E]
Install boot loader:    [E]
Reboot:                 [E]
[O] = OK, [E] = Error (please elaborate below), [ ] = didn't try it

Comments/Problems:
Doesn't provide (fails) on modules:
3c59x
ide-mod
ide-probe-mod
ide-floppy

Comment: Really frustrated. Had before installed OpenBSD from a single
floppy, network install, without problem.
Now, from > 110 MB the basic modules are reported missing. Puuh.
Eh, by the way, I'm not clear about that ide-floppy thingy. There is no
ide-floppy here; just a normal 1.44.

Looking *really* forward to a possible install. Woody doesn't either.
Random hangs, well-know, that DELL-BIOS problem. Here noapic and
video=vga16:off didn't help at all.
Was hoping the lesson had been learned and I could install testing here
(or upgrade to Sid ?)

Keep the good work (Debian) up !

Uwe