installer issues

Hello,

New to the list and to Debian as well. After reading an article about the
installer I wanted to give it a try and had some problems. I used the daily
build netinst from 11/13/03.

One problem I had was that after choosing the task-based package selection
method and finding it a little too broad I could not return to choose a
different method.

Second, I was asked some questions about where to instll LILO and then
presented with a screen that allowed me to install GRUB, which was my
preference, so why question about LILO?

Third, GRUB was setup wrong and I had to edit it in order to boot. Maybe it
was because / and /boot were to separate partitions; / was on hda7 and /boot
was on hda1, GRUB setup the following "root (hd0,6)", when it needed to be
"root (hd0,0)" (it booted after the change).

Fourth, after booting into the minimal system ad configured the apt sources I
kept getting errors when trying to read from the CD - "ide-scsi: hdb:
unsupported commend in request queue (0)". Maybe the burn was bad, or
possibly I should try the daily build instead.

Thanks.
--
Chris

Do not reply to the email address.
Please use the contact page below for any desired direct replies.
Apologies for the inconvenience.

realcomputerguy dot com slash contact dot html