Re: installing with sarge-i386-businesscard.iso

Am Do, den 13.11.2003 schrieb Doug du Boulay um 01:42:

> Unfortunately at the final stage of the install of the base system
> I got the error:
>
> debootstrap exited with an error (return value 1)
>
> from   /target/var/log/debootstrap.log
> I see it dies on :
>
> Setting up base-files (3.0.12)
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/base-files.postinst: line 1: awk: command not found

Debootstrap does such kind of things if it runs on a partition that
already has an installation. Did yo format the / partition?

However we should definitly do something about this in base-installer. I
recall some discussions about this, but I can't remeber the details
though. I'll file a bug against base-installer...

Sebastian

--
PGP-Key: http://www.mmweg.rwth-aachen.de/~sebastian.ley/public.key
Fingerprint: A46A 753F AEDC 2C01 BE6E  F6DB 97E0 3309 9FD6 E3E6