Re: My experience with d-i

Am Di, den 11.11.2003 schrieb Joey Hess um 20:17:

> > As for the normal boot:
> > Initial boot worked:    [X]
> > Configure network HW:   [X]
> > Config network:         [ ] I have no DHCP server
> > Detect CD:              [ ]
> > Load installer modules: [X]
> > Detect hard drives:     [X]
> >
> > When I try 'Detect CD' it run 'Config network via DHCP' instead
> > and lock for two minutes.
>
> Doesn't make sense to me, there is no dependency there.

I know it, I know it ;-) Took me a good deal of thinking what this is:

- DHCP fails -> prio set to medium
- user selects "Detect CD", which works instantly and without feedback
  -> prio is set to high again
- DHCP has not yet been configured and hence runs again

For the user it looks like that cdrom-detect has not run but netcfg-dhcp
ran again.

Sebastian
--
PGP-Key: http://www.mmweg.rwth-aachen.de/~sebastian.ley/public.key
Fingerprint: A46A 753F AEDC 2C01 BE6E  F6DB 97E0 3309 9FD6 E3E6