Re: My experience with d-i

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 12:47:12PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Bill Allombert wrote:
> > I have entered `net' at boot prompt.
>
> Why did you do that, instead of just hitting enter? It apparently booted
> you up in low priority mode, which explains most of the following:

The help screen [F3] says that 'net' is good for a network install, and
I wanted to test network install.

Sorry if it was supposed not to work, I was not aware of the fact.

As for the normal boot:
Initial boot worked:    [X]
Configure network HW:   [X]
Config network:         [ ] I have no DHCP server
Detect CD:              [ ]
Load installer modules: [X]
Detect hard drives:     [X]

When I try 'Detect CD' it run 'Config network via DHCP' instead
and lock for two minutes.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>