Re: setting /etc/modules in d-i / base-config?

[Alastair McKinstry]
> Do we (expect to) prime the /etc/modules on /target in d-i, in
> general, eg. for network interfaces, or should kbd-chooser add the
> USB modules if it spots a USB keyboard?

My plan is to leave this to the HW detection system (discover), and
make sure it detect and loads the correct modules at boot time.

When it comes to USB devices, I guess hotplug is a must as well, to
make sure the required USB modules are loaded when the devices are
inserted as well.

> This could be a generic issue: eg if a PC has multiple network
> cards, and the modules are loaded at boot-time in a different order
> to that in d-i, the eth0 / eth1 aliases will be different.

The detection order is as far as I know, the order on the PCI bus, and
this do not change without moving cards in the PC.