Re: ia64 install report

On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 12:00:04PM +0000, Richard Hirst wrote:
> Had to boot with TERM_UTF8=no to avoid issue where bterm dies with
> SIGILL.  Not yet investigated or filed bug.  hadn't seen that before as
> I'd been testing netboot, which doesn't use bterm.

Actually, I think bterm just hangs, when I switch consoles to try and
figure out what happened, bterm gets SIGILL.

> 'Detect hardware' seemed to cause main-menu to die, ps showed a
> main-menu in state Z, one in state S, and no menu displayed.  Killed the
> frontend that was running and got main-menu redisplayed with 'Partition
> a harddrive' highlighted.  Hadn't seen that with my local built
> netboots.  Not investigated yet.

Following 'Detect hardware', I'm left with a blue screen.  Rather than
switching consoles and killing processes, I can just hit ctrl-c to get
back to main-menu.  Running frontend detect-hw by itself doesn't seem to
fail.

Richard