Re: INSTALL REPORT

Andrew Pollock wrote:
> > > I'm pretty sure last time I tried, I also had the choice of grub or lilo.
> > > Today, it was lilo or nothing.
> >
> > Anyone know why it's not offering grub anymore?
>
> Any answer on this?

Yes -- grub had a priority problem. This is now fixed (will be in the
next rev of the images), but since it has notbeen tested latly, it
appears after lilo on the menu, and will only be offered at a
DEBCONF_PRIORITY=medium or low install. We'd appreciate any test reports
with grub.

> > > Also, when it came to filesystems, what I wanted, was a root partition
> > > (with an ext3 filesystem on it) a swap partition and everything else
> > > as logical volumes. I note that the installer seems vaguely aware of
> > > LVM, but doesn't seem to prompt to create any logical volumes. It
> > > thinks an LVM partition has a filesystem on it and then talks about
> > > mounting it and whatnot.
> >
> > Someone should perhaps turn this into a wishlist bug report against the
> > relevant package. I can never guess what the right relevant package is
> > for partitioning though.
>
> Anyone got any idea of what the relevant package is?

I'm pretty sure it's partkit.

--
see shy jo